Our company is one of the leading Exporters of Castor Seeds
. Castor Seeds are cultivated in on a large scale in different states of India such as Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and Bihar. Castor Seeds are extensively used for preparing castor oil. This castor oil is used for several industries such as telecom, engineering, plastics, pharmaceutical, rubber, chemicals, nylons, etc., as lubricating grease, surfactants, surface coatings, etc.
- Gujarat is the leading producer of castor in the country with nearly 85% of the output
- Castor seed size varies from 15 to 20 mm in length and 5 to 12 mm in width.
- Seeds are covered with a shiny brown- red hull, which can be easily separated from the kernel. The hull represents 20 to 30% of the seed by weight.
- Whole seed contains oil from 47% to 51% in hybrid varieties
- The seeds contain between 40% and 60% oil that is rich in triglycerides, mainly ricinolein
- They also contain ricin, a poison, which is also present in lower concentrations throughout the plant, which makes it unsuitable for cooking